Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 13-19, 2013


Hi, my name is Arielle! I am a senior in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences studying Agricultural Education and Communication. I am passionate about the agricultural industry, policy, leadership, and people. I have a penchant for any and everything Southern, Gator football, diet coke and traveling.




I recently just had my last ‘first’ day here at UF. While I settle down into classes, I am trying to enjoy every moment of my last semester here: being grateful for the opportunities of these past 4 years and excited about the future.

I have my backpack packed with my favorite sharpie pens & gator camelbak water bottle. I spent my first day checking out my classes, talking to a couple professors and headed to work after a successful day.

The first day of the semester was definitely bittersweet. There have been struggles along the way, and immense personal growth but nonetheless, I have loved every moment and opportunity in Gainesville. I am working this semester on finishing up my specialization in Communication and Leadership Development and minor in Ag. & Natural Resource Law.  

With 109 days left before graduation, the countdown is on.  I am preparing for this monumental life step by perfecting my resume, keeping in contact with potential employers and spending a lot of time thinking about what I want to do in the future. I hopeful for a lot this year and am more then anything setting up my life to see my dreams happen! I’ve learned this past year that it requires action to set yourself up for whatever it is you may want… health, love, new beginnings, friendships, continuing education or a career.

Although I am not 100% certain where life will take me after graduation, I am focusing on following my passions in hopes that it will lead me to open doors. As many college students and people my age may agree, it is oftentimes challenging to discover where the next road may lie, or what path we want to take. Instead of stressing about the what if, I plan of being grateful for my degree I will be receiving in May and the people I have met along the way. I am a strong believer in everything happens for a reason, and I wholeheartedly believe my time in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences has better prepared me for life outside of its doors. 

           
If you have any questions about my department or the college in general, do not hesitate to contact me or another fellow ambassador. Thank you for your time, and let’s make 2013 fabulous. 


ARIELLE CLAUDE

Arielle Claude
Class: Junior
Hometown: Williston, Florida
Major: Agricultural Education and Communication
Specialization: Communication and Leadership Development
Involvement: Collegiate FFA, Campus Crusade for Christ, Collegiate Cattlewoman, and Collegiate Farm Bureau
Hobbies: Gator Football, traveling
After College:  Plan to pursue further education through a graduate school program




No comments:

Post a Comment