Monday, October 7, 2013

It's great to be a CALS Gator!

            Hi, I’m Amy Emery.  I am majoring in Family, Youth, and Community Sciences with minors in Nonprofit Organizational Leadership and in Disabilities in Society. Over the last year, I have had the opportunity to become a part of the Gator Football Recruitment team, the FYCS Club, and Campus Crusade. Between classes, CALS Ambassador activities, and all of the new clubs and organizations I have joined, I’m staying really busy and loving every minute of it!
            This past weekend the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences had our annual TailGATOR event right before the 7:00 Florida vs. Arkansas kickoff.  It is a college event for current students, family, friends, and alumni.  More than 700 people come to TailGATOR each fall to celebrate their connections to IFAS and CALS.  TailGATOR is by far one of my favorite events of the year and this year was no exception!  At TailGATOR there are many booths set up for different CALS’s clubs and programs. This year, I got to hold a baby pig, touch a baby alligator, get my face painted, eat Hill's Barbecue (which I LOVE), and I got to spend time with some of my friends and meet a lot of new, friendly faces that are all connected to CALS. It was so much fun!
            To top it all off, the day ended with a Gator victory with UF whipping Arkansas 30 to 10!  If you know me, you know I am a huge football fan!  I love every aspect of the sport - watching the games, the coaches, the players, the environment, just everything!  During the home football games I get the pleasure of spending time with football recruits and sitting in the south end zone.  It is such a great time and such an honor to get to know everyone and to see a little of what goes on behind the scenes.
            Between TailGATOR and Gator Football, life is perfect!! I am so proud to be a student at UF, a representative of CALS, and a part of the great Gator Nation. “It’s great to be a Florida Gator!”

- Amy Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment